The West Central Ohio Poultry Club
2015 Spring Show
This show is open to the public. There is no admission charge to come and
see the show.
APA - ABA Sanctioned Show
APA-ABA Youth Showmanship
March 21 & 22, 2015
2015 Spring Show Registration Deadlines:
Mail-In: March 6th, 2015
Online: March 14th, 2015
We are actively seeking District Meets. We are offering up to $100.00 to the best of breed and $50.00 to the reserve breed of each District Meet. See the rules below for details.
Please read though our catalog for the list of meets, rules, prizes, and awards.
- Show Registration Form
- Egg Show Registration Form (Ohio's Largest Egg Show)
- Pigeon Show Rules & Entry Form
- Catalog -- Show Rules & Entry Types
- West Central Ohio Animal Swap Information
- Contact Us
Changes For The 2015 Show:
New For 2015
This year the awards for the Junior Show, Pigeons, and Egg Show will be on Saturday afternoon. We believe this will speed up the time for the poultry Open Show awards to be handed out much earlier than last year. The Pigeon Show will be a one day show with the birds released Saturday night. Since the poultry show is a double show, poultry will be released on Sunday after the awards.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
N.P.I.P. QUESTIONS: The blood testing done at the show is for birds that are not already certified Pullorum free. The test at the show is for Pullorum.
Premiums are for qualifying state and specialty meets. See the Specialty Meets details below.
First Show: Ed Mongold, Rip Stalvey, Tom Roebuck (Jr Show)
Second Show: Rick Hare, Troy LaRoche, Paul Monteith
Eggs & Serama: Gary Overton
Pigeons: Larry Gardner
LocationAllen County Fairgrounds
2750 Harding Hwy, Lima, OH 45804
The hotels listed below have given discounted rates and are holding blocks of rooms for visitors attending the poultry show. Make sure to mention you are attending the show to receive the special rates. To insure availability, be sure to book your rooms early. These hotels are about 1 mile from the show.
Howard Johnson is the host hotel. This is where the staff and many judges will be staying. There are several nice areas in this hotel to visit with your poultry friends including the lobby, lounge, or the game and pool area. Please support our host hotel.
- Howard Johnson Inn * WCOPC HOST HOTEL *
1920 Roschman Ave, Lima, OH 45804
$79.99 + tax per night; Check In: 3:00 PM / Check Out: 11:00 AM
Free Wi-Fi & Free Hot Breakfast, 42" TVs, Indoor Pool, Play & Game Area For Kids, Large Lobby, Pizza Lounge, Bar
This hotel has just undergone a 1.1 million dollar rennovation.
Map & Directions
- Country Inn & Suites
804 South Leonard Ave Lima Ohio 45805
$89.00 / $10.00 (Upgrade) + tax per night; Check In: 3:00 PM / Check Out: 11:00 AM
Free Wi-Fi, Exercise Room, Hot Tub & Free Hot Breakfast
Map & Directions
- ALLEN COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS (CAMPING & RV)
Allen County Fair, 2750 Harding Hwy, Lima, OH 45804
(419) 228-7141 allencofair.com
$20.00 per night
Electricity Hookups Available
There are plenty of rooms. Call For Reservations to Receive Discounts
Schedule of Events -- Activities -- Educational & Entertainment
*Tentative as of January 1, 2015
If you are a 4-H or FFA member or leader you are encouraged to attend the educational activities. Everyone is welcome to attend. After each presentation there will be a question and answer session.
More items are coming soon.
- 12:00 PM -- Building Opens Check In Begins
- 10:00 PM -- Building Closes.
- 6:00 AM -- Building Opens Check In Begins
- 9:00 AM -- Check In Ends, Judging Begins for Poultry, Pigeons, & Eggs
- 9:15 AM -- Showmanship Review Session (30 - 40 minutes)
- 10:00 AM -- APA/ABA Youth Showmanship
- 12:00 Noon -- Speaker to be announced
- 1:30 PM -- Pigeon Parlour Roller Distance Races
- 2:00 PM -- First Judging Ends, Second Judging Begins (Estimated Time)
- After Judging -- Junior Show, Showmanship, & Egg Show Awards Presentation *
- 7:30 PM -- Building Closes
- 7:30 AM -- Building Opens. Judging of Super Champion & Meets
- 9:00 AM -- Both Open Show Awards Presentation
- 10:00 AM -- Birds Will be released after awards are presented. *
*Event may occur after, but not before the times listed above.
We encourage all youth to sign up for showmanship. It will be an APA-ABA style of interview. To help your youth prepare for showmanship, we have provided a resources page that contains study guides. Please see the APA-ABA Youth Program link on the resource page.
You may bring an extra bird for showmanship.
Favorelles (Goverened by APA)
Leghorn (Not Brown)
American Buckeye Poultry Club
Rhode Island Red
International Waterfowl Club
Rare Breeds Pigeon Meet
WCO Flyer Racing Homer Pigeon Meet
Other Competitions & Contests
Feather Collection Contest
Entries will be divided into 4 classes based on age. Adult, Peewee, Junior, Intermediate. THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE. Entries will be accepted until 9:00 AM March 20, 2015.
We are looking for a collection of feathers. The display can be placed on a poster, tri-fold or other material that you prefer. The display size is not to exceed 46 X 35.5 inches. The collection should include a description of the feathers.
The display should provide at a minimum, details about the collection, (Example: Primary Flight Feather, Barred Rock) if the display is about a bird.
Include your name and age, and on the back of the poster.
Posters will be judged and scored as follows:
100 points total, 30 Educational Value, 20 Subject, 20 Appearance, 30 feathers.
- The collection may contain feathers from one breed or many.
- COLORS & MARKINGS: explain the colors and markings, one breed or many.
- PURPOSE: explain the purpose of each feather on a bird.
- USES: explain uses of feathers by people and industry, now or historically.
- SELF: you may use your own idea too. Be creative and have fun with this project.
VendorsTwin City Poultry Supplies
Show Photo Album
Photos from Last Years Show. This years photos will be added during and after the show.